Your personal accountability partner
What is a Recovery Coach?
Great Question. Recovery coaching has less of a stigma than seeing a psychotherapist for mental health issues, and walking into the rooms of groups like AA. Similar to therapists, recovery coaches like myself invest their training into education. I've completed over 500 hours of training and continuing education in this field. Unlike a therapist, I do not diagnose or work through trauma, or focus on the past. Recovery coaching is future focused.
Recovery coaching helps you identify and create a plan to reach your goals, and remove barriers to your recovery. As a coach, I may recommend other resources like This Naked Mind, AA, SHE RECOVERS, Sober Mom Squad, TLC, or SMART recovery, if they seem like a good fit, as recovery coaching can be done concurrently with any recovery program or therapy. But the ball is in your court!
Nothing happens until something happens, and that something has to come from you! I am here to be your guide.
Do any of these sound like you?
- You're tired of hangovers.
- Alcohol or other substances are beginning to take a bigger role in your life than you'd like.
- You've tried to control your drinking or set rules around it, but find it difficult or impossible.
- You've googled "Am I an alcoholic?"
- You are feeling ashamed of your substance use
- You feel like you're living two different lives: drinking "you" and sober "you" and those personalities are very different.
- You have a history of disordered eating and cannot get back on track.
- You find yourself cutting out food but not alcohol to achieve your weight goals.
- You have questions about your alcohol or substance use.
- You are seeking to Obtain or Maintain Recovery from Addictions (Drugs, Alcohol, Work, Eating)
- You are working with a Functional Medicine Doctor and Seeking Support Between Visits
- You're Unhappy with current recovery programs or unable to find one that is a good fit.
- You're Feeling shame, guilt, regret, anxiety and depression the days following drinking.